Keeping You Safe!
Please review the changes we are making to protect you, our team, and our community.
What’s Changing at Stuart Pediatric Dentistry?
Watch our video to learn about our new protocols.
Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
As we welcome you back to our office, we want you to feel confident in knowing we’re committed to maintaining a safe environment. We’re implementing extra precautions above the standard recommendation to ensure this.
Our office has always followed the highest infection control standards and will continue to monitor the guidelines set forth by CDC…Opens a new window to the CDC website…, ADA…Opens a new window to the CDC website…, and OSHA…Opens a new window to the CDC website…. Their guidelines are instrumental in keeping you safe as well as preventing the spread of any infection.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with what’s changing, and if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call us at 772-600-5130.
Here’s What You Can Expect
- Before your appointment, we’ll ask you a series of health screening questions via our COVID form (English form…Opens a new window to the PDF… and Spanish form…Opens a new window to the Spanish PDF…). If you have a fever or other symptoms of illness, we’ll ask you to delay your appointment.
- Only one parent/guardian per family will be permitted (no additional siblings or companions).
- Two days prior to the appointment, we will send you the links to the forms that you need to fill out via text, and a link for payment if any co-payments are due.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call us or text us to check-in. We will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you arrive at our office, and don’t remove it until you are seated in the dental chair.
- Due to PPE shortages, we are asking parents to bring their own mask or face covering.
- We’ll check your temperature upon arrival, and ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Patient forms and payments can be completed online to limit contact.
- We’re altering our schedule to reduce the number of patients in the office at one time. This will help us social distance and maintain infection control.
- Please keep this in mind when scheduling or rescheduling.
- Our hours of operation remain the same.
- All staff will be screened and have their temperature taken daily.
- Office staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Clinical staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- After every patient, we’ll thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door handles, surfaces, etc.
- We’re adding more frequent disinfecting cycles.
- We have implemented EPA filtration systems.
- All staff will be trained and continually updated on office protocols.
We’re Here for You
Our office is committed to helping you, our team, and our community stay safe and healthy. As new guidelines develop, we’ll continue to evolve our office protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want you to feel informed and confident in your healthcare decisions.